Thursday, April 13, 2023

Love Notions Classic Tee....

I seem to have finally got started on the spring/summer sewing.  On my project list this year was the Love Notions Classic Tee.  I started with figuring out what size to trace which was many.  This post talks about that.  Next, I cut out and stitched the muslin.   The muslin was a drapier fabric than this version but I do like the top.  Here it is:


I am loving the scoop neck.  I will tweak it just a little bit on the next version.  I am going to tighten it up a bit so there is not any gaping when I lean over. 


You can see that I need a little more of an FBA than the full front provides in the pattern.  The front is swinging forward just a little bit. 


The back is baggy especially through the shoulders.  I am not sure if I should attempt an alteration to correct this.  The top is not meant to be fitted at all.  Maybe I will play with this later.


Yes, definitely need a larger FBA for this one.  

Honestly, this top is totally wearable.  It is as good as anything that I purchase and maybe a little better because the shoulders are not hanging off my shoulders.  I might be able to go to a smaller armscye.  We will see how much tweaking that I am willing to do.  

I love this fabric.  I am not sure exactly what it is but it feels like a cotton interlock.  Love the pink tie-dye.   Third top for summer.

I do not think I will make it to the Love Notions Laundry Day Tee.  The Classic Tee seems to be pretty good.  I think one more scoop neck and one v-neck and I will be ready to go.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment