Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Not Sewing But Decorating...

 It has been about four years since I have done any major changing things up.  Oh, I done a bit of changing décor out but nothing major.  I have tried a little bit but not a lot of effort.  Last year I made a swaggy thing for the window in the family room/living room.  It is kinda plain but looks interesting with various garlands drapped over it.  I had a red berry garland hanging over it most of the winter.  Sorry, no pictures.  I was the director of most things this winter because of the fractured knee cap.  

I went shopping for flower picks and garlands for a spring/summer swag decoration.  I do not have a lot of choice here.  It is mostly Walmart and JoAnn Fabrics.  I found some lambs ear garland and some pink flowers.  Here is the results:

Sorry for the dark picture but it is about as good as I can get facing a window.  It certainly is not perfect but will do for now.  Then, I decided to clear off the fireplace area.  Here is the blank canvas:


I got everything dusted really well.  It is hard to decide what to do with this.  Here is how I started:


The florals that are in the middle on the mantel will go up on the wall.  This may or may not be staying long term.  At the very least, it will be there through summer.  This is just decorative plaques with wall paper behind.   Notice that I have a red/pink theme kinda going.   The clock will definitely stay on the mantel.  I do not know about the candle lantern.  I think it needs a pink candle in it.  The crystal candle holder I stuck a taper candle in it and I am not sure about that at all. 



Next, I cleared off the table under the TV.  Not sure what I am going to do with it at this point.  I do like that there is very little on it.  I am betting that will last one whole day.  Not sure about the ladder.  It is a very rustic piece.  I use to keep it leaned up against a wall but my cats were constantly knocking it down.  


I did hang one of the floral prints that had been above the fireplace above the antique radio.  I attempted to put the other print on the opposite side of this arch but there is not enough room.  

Honestly, this is the hardest room to decorate that I have ever had.  Rectangles are easy.  This room has three arches, two doorways, one 6-ft x 6-ft window, a fireplace, and two angles walls.  

I will post more pictures as I do further updating.  I do have furniture that can be moved around a bit along with other accessories.  The linen slipcovers will also change the look of everything in the room. I suppose I need to check and see what is in the attic storage.

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment