Monday, April 17, 2023

Inspiration...Abstract Blouse

 At first glance, this next top/blouse looks like a tank top but it is a little different.


This is the Lafayette 148 Sleeveless Abstract-Print Blouse.  Price tag: $998.00.  Details: crafted from  abstract print raw edge strips, approximately 23 1/2-inches long from shoulder to hem, scoop neckline with keyhole button back, sleeveless, racerback, relaxed fit, pullover style, polyester, unlined, handwash.  For reference, model is 5'10". 

Here is a close-up of the blouse:

If you zoom in, you can see the strips.  When I first saw the blouse, I thought the fabric was just an abstract.  Think of the possibilities with this one.  It could be a scrap buster if you had a good stretchy base fabric to attach to.  The price tag blows me away as well.  

If I were considering doing something like this, I would start with my favorite tank top pattern which is the Phoebe tank.  Although I do suspect that this is a knit and the Phoebe tank is for a woven.  Anyway start with your favorite tank and have some fun.

By the way, there is a dress version of this also and it is a must see.  Not sure that one would be using scraps unless you have a lot of long skinny pieces which sometimes happens.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment