Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Love Notions Allegro Bottoms Pants...

 The Allegro Bottoms Pants pattern by Love Notions is probably the most sewn pant pattern I have now.  I lost enough weight over the winter that my pattern needed to be reworked.  I had a hard time deciding what size to make.  Finally, I decided that the size 14 would be the best option after watching part of a sewing class that I purchased from Love Notions and listening to her advice on how to select a size.

Next, I checked my length measurements against the pattern and realized that I needed more length in the back crotch.  I proceeded to add this at the hip line, cut out, and sewed the pants.  The extra length added at the hip line was a mistake on my part.  The additional length was in the wrong place and added wrinkles under the tush.  So, I took that length via a sewn dart on the muslin and tried the pants on again.  Definitely needed additional length for sitting but still had wrinkles under the tush.  So I pinched another 1/4-inch dart.  This information was transferred back to the pattern.  Here is a picture of the changes on the back pattern piece:

I also decided that I really needed more space in the hips.  I added the 1/2-inch to the outseam and then stitch the half inch.  Here is the pink linen made up:





Overall, I am fairly happy with the fit of these pants.  The white tank is one of the tops made to go with these pants.  I also played around a little bit with a jacket that I made a couple of years ago and I think it will make a great outfit for going out to eat.  Just the tank for the hot day and the jacket for the air conditioned restaurant.  Here is the outfit:


This pink linen for the pants was one of the two linens that were part of my first fabric purchase of the year.  I am excited to say that both pieces have been used now.  This is probably a first for me in many years.  Fabric almost always becomes well seasoned stash before I get around to it.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment