Wednesday, July 28, 2021

New Jacket Finished...

 This year I decided I wanted a pink jacket.  I really wanted the pink jacket for spring but I missed.  The pattern that I used was the Silhouette Patterns Valentino's Unlined Jacket.   I immediately fell in love with the style lines of this jacket:


I measured an existing jacket and surprisingly, it matched the size 4 on the pattern.  I was skeptical that I could even get into the jacket but I plowed a head.  Here are the results:


As you can see, I got into the jacket.  It has plenty of issues.  Here are the other views:




Lots of issues.  I played around with letting the seams out, pinned in additional darting, sway back, rounded back, etc.  Then I decided to just give myself more space.  To do this, I had to draft a larger size.  How to do this is provided somewhere in the videos that Silhouettes has on you-tube. Here are the results:





This is the equivalent to a size 5 if it existed.  Much better, than the first muslin.  There are still a few issues that need to be addressed.  Here what I did:



Here is what I did - larger bust dart on the front (this went from front prince seam all the way around), dart on sleeve to remove length, rounded back adjustments. 

I have not made the either sleeve adjustment before or the dart going around my back before.  I almost always need a larger dart and high rounded back adjustment.  I decided that I had made enough changes and took them back to the pattern.  Here are the results:



I really like my new jacket.  I just wish it had actually gotten finished in the spring so I could have worn it a bit more.  I can still wear it to church and perhaps to an occasionally restaurant.  Although the restaurant does not seem like a real possibility in the current covid situation in our state.

I am enjoying my new machine.  The buttonholes have worked perfectly every time I have used my machine.  I will do a little review of the machine once I get a little more sewing done it.  It has really taken a bit of getting use to.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment