Friday, July 9, 2021

Finally A Completed Project...

 It seems like forever since I actually finished a project.  That bag is February really put me off sewing for a while.  There is nothing like a simple project to get things rolling again and this project could not be simpler.  It is a pillow case for a body pillow.  Here is the fabric which I never admitted to getting:


I know this is crazy fabric but I just loved the colors.  The walls in my bedroom are in the shades of the softer bluish green.  The quilt on my bed is navy.  I figured this would be a good look.  I do not do anything fancy for the pillow case.  Basically, I figure out how much fabric that I need and add a little extra for shrinkage and being off grain.  I purchased 2 1/4 yards of 42" wide cotton and I have less than 1/2" left.  This is one of the few times that my cutting is done with a rotary cutter.  I straighten the fabric with the first cut and then start measuring until I get to the desired length and then another rotary cut.  Don't forget to add seams and hems to the length.  In my case, the pillow is 54" long.  Basic construction was completed on the serger.  Then, I turned to a decorative stitch on the Bernette B77.  Here is a simple of the stitch:


I thought this stitch looked a bit like waves so I used it to hem the pillow case. Not that you can really tell.


Yeah, this funky stitch took about 20 minutes to complete.  It turned out okay for what I needed but it's a shame you can not see it.  Here is the completed case on the pillow:


My husband likes it and that is all that matters.  

My first completed project with the Bernette B77.  Maybe this will give me courage to really get to using it more.  I have buttonholes on projects that need to be finished.

Hope you are inspired to do some simple sewing for yourself.

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment