Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Design Your Wardrobe Time...

 Yep, August is coming which means it is time for another round of Design Your Wardrobe at Seamwork.  I have decided to participate this time.  The last 1 1/2 years has been really hard on my wardrobe.  I have not been in a department store in at least 1 1/2 years.  Well, I have been to Kohl's.  I suppose it is a department store of sorts but for me it is a quick in and out.  No real shopping.  Of course, there was not much in the store.  Lots of empty shelfs and racks.  More or less purchase on-line and return to the store.  In fact, that is why I was there.   Okay, back to Design Your Wardrobe.

The Design Your Wardrobe changes a little bit every time it is offered.  You do need to be a member to participate.  This round using prints and color.  I really need to consider what I want.  Most of my winter wardrobe is tucked  away so there will be some guessing going on. Here are my goals:

    1.  Use what I have.  I know this is a novel idea and hard to follow through on.  It would be very nice if I used up some of the hundreds of yards of fabric that I have collected.

    2.  Try not to over plan.  This one is a bit hard.  However, I have to realize I just do not have the time to complete a multitude of items.  I admit it will depend a lot on the patterns used.

So, have you ever followed through a wardrobe planning event like Design Your Wardrobe?  How do it work out for you?  This is my third time working through the process.  The first time, I did a lot of planning and did not follow through on anything.  The second time, I realized my mistake was that I planned too much the first time which made it over whelming.  I completed a jacket and dress.  The jacket has been worn a lot and the dress not at all.   I think the dress was more that the timing was off.  Really in the past 1 1/2 years, I have not really needed a dress.  The third round, I am going to go with pants.  This means I need to start working on muslins so I can just sew.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment