Thursday, July 22, 2021

Love Notions Allegro Pants...

 In the past few months, I have purchases several Love Notions patterns.  So now, I am making myself make some of the patterns.  First up is the Allegro Bottoms and I choice the full-length pants.  Here is the muslin:


The front looks pretty good.

The back needs a little work.  I will start at the hip.  Here is that modification pinned:


I think that little dart cleaned up the leg fairly well.  I did sit with these pants and there a length issue.  This is what I did to the pattern:  transferred the hip dart, added the length of the dart back at the waist, and added an additional inch for sitting.  Here is the result:




This is a gray mystery fabric far different than the original muslin.  I think the front still looks good but the back still have issues.  I think that these are perfectly wearable even with the funky wrinkles.  They are as good as anything that I can purchase.  

This is a fairly popular pattern.  You should check out the variations on youtube.  

Happy Stitching!



No comments:

Post a Comment