Monday, July 19, 2021

Inspiration...Boyfriend Jacket

 In the heat of the summer is not normally when I am thinking about fall/winter clothes.  However if you start now, it will be ready when you need it.

This week we have another jacket to consider:



This is Akris punto Tartan Check Boyfriend-Fit Jacket.  Price tag: $1390.00.  Details: tartan check pattern, notched lapel, single-button front, long sleeves, vented cuff, side flap pockets, viscose/cotton/nylon fabric, acetate lining.  

This is a beautifully made jacket.  I would love to have this in my closet but I do not love the price tag. I have included the back view on this one so you could see that the collar  matches the back as well. Here is a pattern option:




This is McCall's 7818.  I think it is a good match to the inspiration photo.  The back is slightly different.  If considering using a plaid, match sure to purchase enough fabric to cut the plaid to match.  This is usually one extra repeat per large pattern piece.  I would even consider getting a plaid to make the muslin.  If you are going to match the plaid it does take planning especially those sleeve heads.

Hope you are inspired to create something beauiful.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment