Thursday, July 15, 2021

Inspiration...T-Shirt Dress

 Summer is full blast here.  Clothes that help keep you cool is a necessity.  This dress should be quick and simple, if you already have a pattern fitted.


This is the Theory Boat-Neck Midi Dress. Price tag: $375.00.  Details: Solid dress with side slits, short sleeves, boat neck, side seam pockets, midi length, shift silhouette, acetate/viscose, dry clean.

Folks, I think we can do better than that price tag.  A lot better.  Grab your favorite t-shirt pattern and add the additional length needed to make a dress.  Remember to add some width in the hip area so you can sit down.  Add some side seam pockets.  Calculate the fabric needed.  Easy, easy.

How many dresses could you make for that price tag?  Even if you purchase 3 yards at $20/yd, I'm guessing around 7.  I would not want that many dresses in exactly the same style but I could definitely wear a loose fitting dress 7 days a week when the temperature hits 90F.  

As for the styling, it is a bit young for me.  I would probably be wearing sandals or canvas slip ons.  Hope you are inspired to create something beautiful.

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment