Friday, February 10, 2023

First Fabric Purchase This Year...

 I have been working really hard not to purchase fabric this year but I really wanted some linen for this summer.  My favorite tank top pattern is fabulous in linen (pattern is a freebie from fabrics-store called Phoebe Linen Tank Top).  I purchased 1 yard of  white linen for a new Phoebe Tank Top:


One of my favorite pant patterns over the last couple of years has been Love Notions Allegro Bottoms. I purchase 2 yards of some Deco Rose linen for a new pair of pants:


It is possible that I will need to re-fit the Allegro Bottoms pattern.  I have lost a bit of weight since last fall which is one of the reasons that I am refitting so many patterns.  Just about everything feels big.  I am hoping that I can get creative with some of the dresses that I made toward the end of summer last year and still be able to wear them this year.  

Both of the fabrics were from the Doggie Bag section at Fabrics-Store.  I do not think that I have purchased the type of linen that the pink linen is before so I am hoping that it is appropriate for the pants that I have planned.  If not, I will find some other bottom pattern that should work.  The pink for bottoms is a little outside my comfort zone.  

If you like sewing with linen, check out the Fabrics-Store.  Linen has become one of my favorite fabrics to sew.  I have made clothing, curtains, and bread bags from various types of linen from this shop.  They have daily specials along with the Doggie Bag section which is left over bits and pieces from bolts.  The fabric in that section generally sell very quickly.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment