Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Jumping Outside The Project List...

 I knew when I posted my 2023 project list that it would be fluid.  I think that is part of sewing.  When I was younger and sewing, I completed what I was working on before moving on.  With that said, I did not really have a fabric stash.  At the most, I would have fabric for one or two projects at a time.  Honestly, a fabric stash did not exist until the internet.  There are many days when I wish I did not have a fabric stash now.  I think I always collected patterns.  

I am going to add pants to my list.  Not literally, but I find pants something that I want to make consistently but do not because it is too hard.  With that said, I will be following a process similar to the one that I used with the Willow Tank but with pants.  I will be following the measuring diagram from the Vogue Sewing book for taking measurement. Here is a visual: 

In addition to taking the measurements and comparing to the pattern, I will be re-watching the "Let's Sew Easy Pants" Mini Series by Karina of Lifting Pins and Needles.  The Vogue Sewing book does show some alterations both flat pattern and "on the body".  Karina will show some as well.  The Silhouette Patterns youtube channel has pant fitting information as well.  There is a two-part series as well as older videos that show fitting on a bodies (a little hard to find).

There are two patterns that I am considering.  The first one is the Love Notions Allegro Bottoms pdf pattern. Here is the line drawing:


 The version that I want is the long pant hemmed.  It has been a favorite in the past but I suspect that sizing has changed based on the fit of the current pair.  The second pair that I am thinking about is the Peckham Women's Trouser by Liesl & Co.  Here is the line drawing plus pant picture:


These patterns represent easy and moderately challenging.  At least, to me they do.  

The only thing I am a little worried about here is I have been losing weight which is a great thing but is something that requires re-fitting of patterns every 20 or 25 lbs.  I need to lose the weight but I do not exactly enjoy the whole muslin process.  Maybe this process will encourage me actually making some pants after I have played with the muslins instead of holding off till April.

It will be interesting to see how the patterns change using the flat pattern method of checking lengths and widths.  Next post on this will show the patterns.

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment