Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Color Blocking...

 Have you noticed the amount of color blocking this year?  Here is a cute patchwork coat video.  How easy would that be to accomplish?  The fun part going through the remnants.  I have been doing just that but my linen, linen/cotton remnants are not in fun colors.  More like blues and grays which is what I wear a lot of.  Here is an blog post on color blocking at Deer and Doe.  Here is a pinterest board with tons of color blocking inspiration. Here is an example of a shirt:


This is a Lafayette 148 New York Striped Colorblock Button Down Shirt.  Price tag: $798.00.  Details can be found on the Neiman Marcus website.

The price on the shirt seems like a lot.  If it was just left over pieces of fabric pieced together. It would be essentially free, right?  I suppose you actually have spent money on the fabric and you should use every little bit that you can possibly use.  

I have actually been going through my remnants/scrap fabric.  I intend to make a scrappy quilt but I also have many pieces of linen/cotton or just linen.  I may try to figure something out because why not. A scrappy top could be fun.  Add a bit of embroidery or other embellishment for some fun.

Have you given any thought to the color blocking trend?  Remember to check out quilting sites/blogs for additional information on putting colors together.

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment