Monday, February 6, 2023

Inspiration...Denim Dress

 I found this little denim dress and really liked the idea of having a denim dress for summer.  Here is the front and back view of this dress:



This is Lafayette 148 New York Short-Sleeved Denim Dress.  Price tag: $798.00. Details:  exposed darts, approximately 37-inches from shoulder to hem, crew neck, short sleeves, a-line silhouette, hem around knee, invisible zipper, and cotton/elastane fabric.

The real details are on the back of this dress and it is worth checking the Neiman Marcus website to look at them.  The idea that I pull from the photo is the double-topstitching.  As with any denim, the topstitching is the showstopper.   As much as I love the detail on the back, I do not want to figure out how it is done.  I think this pattern would work:

This is New Look 6500.  It has been in my pattern stash for a long time.  I have made a sleeveless dress using this pattern but it was one of those items that I enjoyed making but never wore.  Dress A of this pattern looks like it might work as the inspiration dress.  Here is a close-up of dress A:


A dress made just like the image in a light weight stretch denim with all the topstitching and pockets might just be perfect.  The pattern calls the sleeves 3/4 length and they might have to be shortened.  

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment