Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Project List - Love Notions Classic Tee

 The Love Notions Classic Tee is another pattern off the Project List.  I choose this pattern because it is not a fitted t-shirt.  As I have aged, I dislike very fitted anything.  Here is the line drawings:

The muslin will be for the scoop neck version.  It was not a lot of fun figuring out what size to trace.  I ended up with a medium through the shoulders with extra-larger through the remainder of the body, the largest size for the sleeve and armscye.  Here is my traced and marked up pattern:


Other than the size changes that I made from M-XL-XXXL, I have not made any changes to the pattern.  I did note the armhole depth level, bust level, and waist level.  I still need to finish walking the pattern to make sure that everything matches - side seams, shoulder seams, and armscye.


The neckband is a medium and the sleeve is an XXXL.  I had originally traced the sleeve last fall and no longer needed the sleeve changes that I had made.  I had done a pivot and slide and made the sleeve just a little bit larger.  

Walking the pattern revealed that the side seams not matches.  So, I double-checked the pattern that I had printed with the traced patterns  and they matched the side seam patterns.  I will correct but I have never heard anyone state that there was an issue with the side seams.  I did not find any additional issues.

I found a rayon/lycra knit in the stash.  It looks like it may have been a Walmart find.  It will be perfect for a muslin.  

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment