Sunday, January 1, 2023

2023 Project List...

 This year, I have decided to make a list of intended projects.  I do not think that I will apply time periods to them.  Just make the list and check it off.  Here is the list:

1.  Finish my son's quilt.  It just needs binding applied.

2.  New Christmas Tree Skirt - I have been saying this for years and have not accomplished it. This year is the year.

3.  Four Christmas pillows - these will be machined embroidered.  I have the fabric for one of the pillows. Need to locate trim for that pillow.

4.  Slipcovers - one chair, one ottoman, one loveseat.  I have 15 yards of fabric and one roll of cotton cording.  I know this will not be enough fabric or cording to cover all of these items.  I forgot to include the yardage for piping.  I have been working on the patterns.

5.  Fit the Willow Tank pattern. Add a couple of new tank tops for hot weather.

6.  Re-fit the fabrics-store.com Linen Tank.  This is probably my all time favorite tank.  It is a free pattern but is extremely well drafted.

7.  Fit the Love Notions T-shirt patterns.  There are two and I want to try both. 

8.  Finish a warm weather vest for my husband.  This was started in 2022 and I ran into an issue with the pattern.  It is a familiar complaint that the patterns tell you to use a particular length zipper but that length does not work with the pattern.  It is much easier to order the correct length zipper than to fix a zipper to the correct length.  Poor drafting.

9.   Finish an Alabama Chanin dress.

I suppose that is it for now.  Projects can always be added.  This list will keep me very busy if I choose to follow it.

In addition to the projects, I will re-organizing my sewing/craft room.  I think I need to rotate some stuff out to my storage unit.  Yeah, I know, I should not have a storage unit for my sewing stuff but I do.  I do freely allow others to store stuff in it because it is not full by any means.  I have too much stuff and can not seem to part with it.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment