Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Stitching Again!

 It has been a long 6-7 weeks of not being able to sew because of my knee/knee brace.  However, the velcro on the knee brace needed replacing and it is hard to realize that a knee brace that costs just less than $1000 could not last through the time needed to wear it.  Yes, that meant that I was stitching without my brace on but I was very careful while I worked on the replacing the velcro on the knee brace.  

I can not express how happy it made me to be able to sit down at a machine and stitch.  Even if it was a repair.  Later in the day, I decided that I needed more time in front of the sewing machine.  Before my little accident, I was wanting to play with rope and had purchase 100 feet.  I had borrowed books from the library.  Then, accident, unable to sew, and books returned.  I did read through the books though.  So, here is my very first rope project - a little trivet:


I am so pleased with this little trivet.  Not sure exactly what size is but fit in the arm of my sewing machine so maybe 7-8 inches and I used 30 to 40 feet of rope.  I can see why this is so addictive.  It is easy sewing and can be very creative.  I used a natural cotton rope 3/8" with a natural cotton colored thread.  Image all the fun that can be had using different threads both solid and variegated. little bits of fabric, or even different colored ropes.  However, I can not let this enthusiasm take over from my list of projects but it will certainly have a place among the list of things to do as I can have fun.  Just so you know my list is rather fluid.  It has to be for me to enjoy what I am doing.  

Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This comment is from me, Juliane, from sewingincirclescom.Wordpress.com. I am having trouble signing in with google for some reason. I also left you a comment on the black turtleneck you wrote about. Hope your knee continues to improve. I recently tripped going downstairs in a pair of flip flops and wound up in the ER with a broken toe and broken finger. Something so small can have a huge impact on our ability to do simple things. Fortunately I am able to use scissors again!

      Delete
    2. With luck another two weeks with the brace and probably be careful forever. Not being able to use scissors makes sewing kinda hard. Although I suppose the general planning and checking the pattern can still occur.

      Delete