Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Willow Tank - 1st Muslin...

 Following last week's measuring session, I have cut out and stitched a muslin of the Willow Tank.  I am pleasantly surprised.  The fit was not too bad but I would say I mismeasured on the armhole depth because it is really tight. Making a mistake on the first length measurement has repercussions all the down the garment.  Here are the photos:


As expected, there are depth issues. The bust dart needs to be a bit larger.  You can see the diagonals wrinkles going from the bust to the hem.  The bust dart is actually a little too high which is partially due to the armhole depth being too small.  It could also be an bra issue as I have a different bra on now verses when I did the measurements.


Now you can really see the depths issues with the cup sizing and the dart being too high.  I can also see an ever so slight indication that I need a little more space for my back.  A small high round back alteration.  


Mostly the same issues are the left side.


You can see the issue with the armhole depth here.  The arnscye is really tight in the back.  As far as the wrinkling in the back.  I am going to leave it for now.   When I open the side seams for the draping of the dart, it may show I need more circumference.  

Changes that I will do on this muslin:

    1.  Insert 1/2" of fabric for armhole height.

    2.  Drape dart.

    3.  May add a high round back adjustment.

    4.  Double check circumference at hip.  I do not think that I actually did this when I was measuring.  

Hopefully, I can get back to this quickly.  My mom is moving to an apartment very soon and I seem to be the main packer.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment