Friday, April 14, 2023

Friday Update...

 Looks like the Friday updates may be bi-weekly instead of weekly.  I have been relatively busy changing decor at my house - post 1 and post 2.  Maybe this next week I will start the slipcovers.  They really should not be hard just time consuming figuring out what needs to be done.  

I made another tank made.  I am very happy with the fit of the sleeveless armhole.  I may make another version of this tank but I think it will be the last for this year unless I decide to follow through and make a tank dress.  

Also, I made a t-shirt from the Loves Notions Classic Tee Shirt pattern.  I love the fabric.  The pattern needs more tweaking for me.  It is wearable even with it's flaws.  I have many pieces of fabric destined for t-shirts.  

I  purchased more fabric.  The blue linen is destined to become another tank.  I love the color and wish that I had picked up more than a remnant.  

I have started working on the Allegro Bottoms pants pattern.  I need to work out the sizing before I get too far.  I traced and started working on a size 14 and decided that I needed to rework the sizing as I did not think I had enough room.  I am planning two pair of pants in linen and tight would probably pull the seams out.  

I have been working through another season of the Design Your Wardrobe at Seamwork.  I do not follow through with every lesson but it does seem to help a bit with my planning.  Most of what I have made or planned has been the linen from Fabrics-store.com.  I have a real love for linen.  

I also purchased the Love Notions Duet Trousers Course.  This is the first time that I have taken a class from this site but I decided to give it a try.  I had purchased the pattern a couple of years ago and it has been updated now with more sizes and a fully belly adjustment which I thought was interesting.  Anyway, you may see me attempting that pant was well in the near future.  Karina at Pins & Needles just made a pair of the Duet Trousers in linen and put her own spin it.  It is worth watching.  It gives me all kinds of ideas.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment