Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Another Tweak Another Tank...

 After making the tank here, I decided just a little more tweaking was necessary.  Here are the changes (sorry, it is a little light but you can zoom in):


The is the back of the Phoebe Tank pattern.  I keep the original alterations and added 5/8-inch at the hipline to nothing at the armscye.  


This is the pattern that I went back to the start on,  The last muslin, I made the bust dart and then closed the dart.  Then made a tank.  The pattern still needed a bit of tweaking.  I made a change that I do not usually attempt.  Since I was still getting a little bit of gapping at the armscye, I made a dart and transferred it to the hem.  If you zoom in, you can see where I had corrected the width of the pattern along with all the dart changes.  I also decided to make a small change to the 3/8-inch that I had added to the side with the last muslin.  I left the 3/8-inch at the bust and took it to nothing at the bottom.  Hoping this will help with the extra fabric in the front.  Okay, I know it is only 3/4-inch difference but it will help.

Here is the result of the those effort in white linen:


I think I nailed the fit at the armscye.  It looks pretty good,


In linen, there is not much wrinkling around the bust on the left side but I think I stretched the hem when I was pressing the hem.  Guess I see what it looks like after the next wash,


I fairly happy with the fit here.  Yeah, there is a little bit of wrinkling but I suspect that the fabric is hanging on my jeans.  I could be wrong.


The right side shows just a tad of wrinkling around the bust.  I think I am going to call this done.  All that needs to be done now is trace the front pattern piece and date it.  

I already have another piece of linen coming for another tank in this pattern.  I had been thinking about making a dress from this pattern.  We will see.  I have lots of clothes.  I need to concentrate on some bottoms so my next muslin will be pants.  Most likely Love Notions Allegro Bottoms pattern.

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment