Thursday, March 30, 2023

Phoebe Tank Muslin III And A Tank...

 I admit that I am getting very bored of this pattern.  It is a good basic to have fitted but blah.  

I made the following adjusts:

1.  Started back at the beginning with the original pattern front.

2.  Took the opportunity to make the raised armscye from the previously altered pattern.

3.  Added 1/4-inch to the side seams of the front pattern after measuring the pattern. 

4.  When stitching the seam sides, I pinned the back to have 1/4-inch seam. 

Here are the results:


Okay I got a little ahead of myself and started pinning in the front dart.  you can see that it seems to flat on the side that has the dart.  There is a bit of visible gapping on the opposite side. There is a tad bit of vertical wrinkles on the front and it could be a bit too much width. 


It appears to be hanging smoothly front and back at the armhole.  Not sure about the hang of the front.  Could be my belly causing that.   The side seam seems to be hanging straight.


This photo shows the armscyce gapping and the need for a dart.  


This is such a bad picture.  It really is hard to take your own picture.  I can see gapping at the neckline.  The armscye is not uncomfortable but I am wondering if I need a little more length in the back.  This would be a different alteration for me as I would open it up all the was across. Probably not by much, maybe 1/4-inch or 1/2-inch.  I can insert a piece of fabric.

Well, I moved forward with the alterations and then, followed through and cut out from some treasured Liberty of London fabric.  Here are the results:


I still see a few wrinkles.  Sigh!

Just a hit of needing a larger full bust adjustment and a tiny bit of gapping at the armscye.  


It looks like the extra width that I added worked.  Just a little more circumference at the hip in the back and I should be good.  There is no gapping at the neckline.


I can see the need for a larger bust dart but this is what got me into trouble with the first couple of muslins.  The hem is hanging fairly straight and if make the intake on the dart larger, I am not sure that it will hang correctly.  Although it looks like it is swinging forward.  I will need to think about this with the next tank.  Maybe I am just not going to get a wrinkle free look.

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment