Friday, March 10, 2023

Friday Update...

 I think I will start a Friday update.  Not sure if this will be weekly or monthly.  Sometimes I just do not have time to post what I am up to frequently.  I suppose that is when you mostly see the inspiration posts.  So just to show that I do attempt to do sewing related things throughout my week, I will attempt to do a rambling post.

My string of bad luck seems to be continuing.  My cat bit me and it got infected.  When I say that he bit me, I mean that I have four puncture wounds.  I thought that I cleaned it really well but it took less than 24 hours to have a disgusting infection.  I fully realize that some of this probably had to do with medication that I take that suppresses my immune system.  Right now my arm is a lovely shades of green and red.  The green is the bruising and the red is whatever.  

I am still helping my Mom get settled into her apartment.  It is hard to say whether she likes it or not.  She is accepting the situation.  Next week will be the estate sale at my parents home.  I will be so glad when this is over. The week after my parent's home will hit the market.  I hope that it sells quickly for their sake.

Now, for sewing related stuff.  I am still working on the cleaning the sewing room closet.  Honestly, the whole room is just overwhelming.  I have too much fabric.  I did manage to pull fabrics for some early spring/summer sewing.  I need to finish my muslins so when I sit down to sew I can just sew and not agonize over the fitting part.

I have been working on my son's quilt.  I really wanted to finish it last month but the month ran out of days before the binding was finished.  I still have a couple of sides of binding to finish and then it will be done.  Here is a parting shot of the quilt with my cat (little demon spawn) helping:


He is such a cute little cat but for some reason he likes to bite me.  If anyone has any ideas on how to teach him not to bite me that will not actually cause him any harm, I would love to hear it.  The vet says that it has to do with the age that he was taken from his mama.  We found him when he was about 4 weeks old.  A mama was never seen nor other kittens.  I asked neighbors and people admitted that they had attempted to caught him but he was mean (biting, scratching) but no admitted to him belonging in their household. 

That is my little update.  Maybe the next one will find the quilt finished and a couple of muslins finished.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment