Monday, March 6, 2023

Inspiration...Sleeveless Dress

 Summer is coming.  Have you started adding to your summer wardrobe yet?  I have been fitting muslins so that when warmer weather hits I can move quickly.

Here is a fabulous spring/summer dress:


This is Talbots Metallic Butterfly Jacquard Dress.  Price tag: $149.00.  Details:  Shift dress, jewel neck, sleeveless, hidden back zipper, hits at knee, lined.

This is not a terribly expensive dress.  I know from experience that this type of dress would never fit me.  The fabric is really key here and probably the hardest part to locate.  If you find a nice jacquard with an all over print.  Let me know.  Now, for the pattern:


Yes, this is my typical pattern for this type of dress - New Look 6500.  View D looks like it is spot on for the styling.  You might want to double-check the length.

Hope you're inspired to create something beautiful.

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment