Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Phoebe Tank Muslin...

 In 2020, I spent a great deal of time living with my parents.  I took the time to fit some great patterns which the Fabrics-store Phoebe Tank was one.  This is a free pattern and well worth checking out.  I thought that I had lost the fitted copy of this pattern and much to my amazement I found it.  

So, I made a copy of the fitted pattern and cut it out in muslin.  Here are the results:


The front is showing that I definitely need a little more circumference and a larger invisible dart.


This picture just reinforces the need for a larger dart.  There is gapping at the armsyce and pulling under the bust.  I think I need a wee bit more circumference in the front.


The back is not too bad.  I am not going to address the tiny bit of wrinkling as it could be will be that I need a little more circumference in the hip area.  It will be address when I re-work the front.


Again, you can see the gapping at the armscye.  Here is the result when I pulled out the pins and starting pinning in a deeper dart: 


Here you can see that the pinning in of a larger dart addressed the armscye gapping.  


Side view of the dart.  The armscye looks good.  


For this view, I changed my bra to see how the fitting changes looked.  Still good, I think.

Here you can see how much of an intact that was done with the pinning.  It is a lot.  That is 1 1/4 inches which is 2 1/2 inches.  I have already made an invisible dart on this pattern.  So to me, this is a huge amount.  I will get this transferred to my pattern and create another invisible dart.

I intend to make a new tank out the white linen that I purchased in February.  You can check it out here.  Since I really like this pattern, I have been considering making it into a dress.  Summers are fairly hot here and it helps a lot to have sleeveless items to wear and dresses are especially nice.

Off to work on the front of the pattern - adding a dart and then making it invisible.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment