Thursday, March 9, 2023

Fabric...

 My resolve to not purchase fabric is not doing well.  I think I managed not to purchase any fabric for 4 to 6 months.  Believe me when I say that was not enough.  I was not sewing during that time period.  Here is the latest purchase:


I found this at a site called Destashify.  It is the first time I have purchased anything from there.  It is an interesting concept.  This piece is suppose to a cotton twill with about 5% stretch.  

This past Monday, I did a inspiration post on a black/white butterfly dress.  It was not a particular expensive dress but more than I wanted to pay for a dress that may or may not fit.  I decided this fabric would work very well for that dress. Now, I am hoping that this cotton twill is heavy enough for a dress.  

Yes, I will be using this pattern:


I will most likely put pockets on it and make sure that it is knee length.  I am excited and ready to sew.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment