Thursday, April 9, 2020

Woven Tanks...

I have completed my first items for spring/summer.  The pattern is Linen Tank from Fabrics-stores.com.  You can read more about it here. I am pretty excited about it as these tops are my first sewing accomplished for the year:



This was my second muslin and I am calling it wearable.  Very wearable.  Yeah, I can see that there needs to be a little more darting in the front.  I really just want something that will be cool and comfortable when the weather gets hot.  I will say that I did an expert here.  In the post about the muslin for this pattern, you can see where I pinned a dart in.  On the pattern itself, I rotated the dart to the hem and then took off the excess at the side.  (Sorry for the blurry photos.  I find it very hard to take pictures of myself.  The photographer is living across town .)

Here is the next version:



This version is made with 100% linen.  I can see on the front that I have just a wee bit of gaping.  It is a wearable and I am sure when the temperature hit 90s to 100 that I will be very happy this.  I am hoping that once this is washed that some of the gaping disappears and that it is not that I have stretched the armhole.

Overall, I would say this is a great free pattern.  It seemed to be drafted very well.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment