Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Muslin Woven Tank...

I have decided to try a different tank pattern.  I had been attempting the Silhouettes version and have made wearable versions of the tank pattern.  However, there is styling about the pattern that I am not happy with.  I have decided to try the Phoebe Linen Tank pattern from Fabrics-Store.com.  Here is a peek at their finished version:


Here is a link to the pattern - Phoebe Linen Tank.  It is a free pattern and you need to be registered to download it.  Here is the first muslin:


You can see her that I really need a bust dart.  However, the circumference is very good. Here is a picture showing how pinning a dart looks:


Don't you the dart really cleans up the shoulder area?  I will need to add length whenever the dart is added to the pattern.  You can see in this picture that it looks like the front is pulling to the back just a little bit.  This will mean that I need to add a bit of length to the back just above the shoulder area.  That probably should be done before adding the dart.

Here's the results of adding length to the back:


You can see I still need a front dart.  I don't feel like I'm being choked anymore.  This is good.


Here you can see the differences in the back.  Length has been added in the back shoulder area.  I think that I'm done with the shoulder area and will be marking the pattern with the changes.  Next will be the sway back changes.


There are still a few wrinkles in the back but I can not tell if it is because of the way I am standing.  So, I decided the back is done.  Now, for the front darts:


I increased the dart by another 1/2 inch on the side you can see.  This is the final for the dart.  Here's the side view:


I think I happy enough with the fit of the muslin that I'm ready to move on.  I can improve the fit with the next version should I decide that it is needed.  I have two fabrics that I am going to attempt this top in.  It really depends on how large the fabric pieces are.  This will definitely make a nice summer top.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment