Tuesday, March 10, 2020

I've Done It Now...

Yes, I have indeed committed to doing some sewing for myself and maybe my husband.  The December project that I've been reworking is finally completed.  I never want to see it again.  In fact, I think that the fabric may not be able to be reworked again.  It's been handled a lot.

So flipping through various websites looking for inspiration, I found this lovely top:


This is not an expensive top.  We are talking $20 or less but it is on one of the Chinese sites where everything is cheap and the sizing is weird.  Plus, they provide no information about themselves on the website and I really do not like ordering from these types of companies.  However, this top pattern is very popular on those sites and you see many variations.

So I took some time to figure out what it is that I like about this top. First thing, I think is the actual oversized feeling of the top, the color, love the assymetry, and the embroidery.  I guess that is just about everything.

After spending a great deal of time on-line looking for an appropriate pattern, I ended up at Walmart looking at their Simplicity pattern catalog.  I finally found this pattern:


This is Simplicity 8920 and I think View A is a close enough match to the inspiration photo.  The changes that I see are shortening the sleeve and creating the cuff, stitching the facing to the ouside, and figuring out the button pleat on the front.  Then, adding the embroidery.

I have yet to see any of the top variations of the inspiration picture on a person.  So I am really just guessing at the fit.  I did pick up some very inexpensive lightweight woven fabric while I was at Walmart to muslin this pattern.  Hopefully, it will only take one muslin to figure this out.  Although I am positive that a full bust issue will arise, I will attempt to move the needed bust dart to the hem and release it.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment