Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Sewing Time...

Amazingly I found some time to think about sewing.  I am determined to make a top similar to the one shown in the "I've Done It Now" post last week.  I have a whole 45 minutes set aside to look at the pattern.  Here's a refresher on the pattern:


My thought was I could create a similar top as shown in the post linked above with View A of this pattern.  So I pull out my pattern, check the finished measurement, select the size that I think will fit best, and select my size.  Imagine my surprise when I realize that I purchased the wrong size pattern.  Oh, yeah, not good. 

It would be far easier just to return the pattern and get the right size.  However, my husband doesn't want me going to Walmart for any reason.  I did locate the receipt where I purchased the pattern.  I suppose I could enlarge the pattern that I have.  That can be tricky when you are going up more than one size.  One size isn't hard but two or three sizes may well be more difficult than is necessary when you just purchase another pattern.

I could also use another pattern.  I had a couple of other options that I thought would work.  Here's the first one:



This is the Tunic No. 1 pattern by 100 Acts of Sewing.  This pattern is reasonable easy, has the slight oversized feeling, and facing.



This is The Camber Set pattern by Merchant and Mills.  This top pattern is a little fitted.  I was going to make the dress shown but if I fit the top, I should be ready to whip out the dress when the fabric arrives.

What do you think?  Should I order another Simplicity pattern or should go with one of the alternatives?

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment