Monday, March 9, 2020

Inspiration...Jersey Top and Skirt

I always like looking for items that would be very wearable for my life.  This top and skirt are really nice and I would love to own them.


This is the Akris punto Jersey Chain-Neck Shirt and Belted Gabardine Skirt.  Shirt price tag: $395.00.  Details:  cotton/spandex stretch jersey, crew neckline with chain inset, half sleeves, slim fit, back zip.    Skirt price tag: $395.00.  Details:  cotton/polyurethane stretch gabardine, sits high on the waist with a wide self d-ring belt, side slash pockets, a-line silhouette, hook/zip front, knee length.

I love the neck detail on this top.  The neckline detail will need to be worked out.  I supect that the back zip is so that there is less stress on the chain.  As far as patterns go, your favorite t-shirt pattern with some modifications will work.  I'm always for using existing patterns that have already been fitted.  I am going to consider this one:


This is the Textile Studio Basic Top.  This is a out-of-print pattern but you might be able to find it.  I have View B fitted already.  With small modifications, I think I can get this to look very close to the inspiration photo.

As far as the skirt, I was unable to locate a similar pattern.  Silhouette Patterns has a jean skirt pattern that has an a-line silhouette but it doesn't have the high waistline. This may be a time to look at vintage patterns.

Hope you're inspirations to create something beautiful.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment