Monday, March 2, 2020

Inspiration...Wide Leg Pants

Wide leg pants seem to be on-trend for spring.  I am not sure how I feel about them.  I do remember the "elephant" leg pants from the 70s and they were a trip hazard.  Most of the wide-legged pants that I am seeing are cropped.  Here's a pair that caught my eye:


These are the Lafayette 148 New York Rockefeller Sorrentine Striped Wide Leg Pants.  Price tag: $398.00.  Details:  Self tie ties at waist, slip pockets, wide legs, cropped above the ankles, hook/zip fly and belt loops.

 Here's a pattern that may work:


This is New Look 6643 View B.  The leg doesn't appear to be quite as wide as the inspiration picture but that is fairly easy to fit.  A small amount of width would be needed at the hem.    You would also need to create a matching fabric belt.  Actually, I really the skirt in this pattern. 

Hope your inspired to create something beautiful.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment