Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Muslin...Men's Shirt

I purchased this Simplicity pattern long ago:


It's Simplicity 5581.  I am sure that I purchased it with the intent to make my husband and son making shirts.  It never happened.  Now, my son is far to  old to want a making shirt with his Dad.  My husband on the other hand is very happy to have me make a shirt.

As far as sizing goes,  I measured a ready-to-wear shirt and compared to the finished meausrements.  This put him in the medium size.  The only thing that may be an issue is length but that will be taken care of when he tries the muslin.  Adding inches is easy.  If any other alteration is needed, that may not be so easy.  Here is the muslin straight from the pattern:



Note that I did not add facing or pockets.  I did put in the hems so we could see if any length will be needed.  Mens patterns are drafted for 5'10 and my husband is about 6'1".

No comments:

Post a Comment