Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Older Patterns Not Vintage...

Do you like older patterns?  Not the vintage ones but the ones from the 90s or 2000s.  I happened upon this pattern:


I am a fan of Koko Beall and have a few patterns by this Vogue designer.  Here's the line drawings:


This seems like a good basic pattern.  Not only that, in my searches for inspiration, I have been finding a lot of clothing with similar lines.  It also have a loose fitting tank.  I recently fitted a tank pattern and I know it will be wonderful this summer. The styling is a little different with this tank or loose fitting top.  The neckline is a little more scooped. I'm hoping that I will be able to compare the tank patterns and make adjustments using the already adjusted patterns.  That's the point of doing the muslin.  I'm also very interested in the tunic.   It will definitely require a muslin as there are not any darts and I know that I need them.  I will most likely rotate that out as well.

I think this will be a good addition to my vast collection of patterns.  Yes, I did check before purchasing that I did not already have this pattern. 

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment