Thursday, April 23, 2020

The Camber Set - Dress

I am moving right along on my summer wardrobe.  The Camber Set dress is my latest.  The muslin work is here.  Here is a refresh on the pattern:


I selected a stretch chambray in indigo. 



I thought this was going to be a perfect match.  I forgot that stretch wovens can be a challenge.  Here is my first challenge:


This is a regular straight stitch at 3.5 length.  Not such a pretty look.  So, I started playing with various stretch stitches.  Here is what I ended up with:


This is a triple straight stitch.  I have my machine set at 3.5 length, knit settings, and used a 75/11 stretch needle.  I think this looks much better.  Here is some top stitching:


Here is the finished dress:



I think this is going to be a perfect hot weather dress.  It seems a little big through the shoulders but it is a very wearable dress.  I think that I need to look for a belt to give a wee bit of shaping.

I highly recommend this pattern for both the top and the dress.  It is very well drafted and well worth your money.  Here is a link to a shop in the US that carries the paper pattern - The Confident Stitch (affliliate link) and here is a link to Merchant and Mills for pdfs.  If this pattern interests you, please support our small businesses so they will still be with us when the current problems are over.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment