Tuesday, April 7, 2020

The Camber Set Muslin...

Here is The Camber Set pattern by Merchants & Mills:


This is a loose-fitting top or dress with an slight a-line silhouette.  The top is also referred as a t-shirt.  Much to my surprise when I opened the pattern there are separate pattern pieces for the top and the dress.

I am starting with the top or t-shirt.  After measuring, I decided that I would increase the size of the pattern by one size.  I need to also figure out how to increase the size of the sleeve without increase the armscye. I will be using the pivot and slide technique to get more room - sleeve tutorial.  I also found a video on youtube - here.   Here is the first muslin:


I like the neckline on this.  I am actually surprised that it fits fairly well.  I think that I need to the a bust dart but that is not unusual.    Here is a side view:


This does not look that bad.  I can tell be the front hem that I need to add length.  I will increase the dart and that will add the needed length to the front.  Here's the back:


I think I am happy with the back.  I will not know if it is too wide until the sleeves go in but right now I am happy.  Here's a version with the sleeves in and a dart pinned in on the right side:



Not sure why this is so out of focus but it is all I have.  I am happy with the fit. The sleeves still need to be modified using the tutorial above but the pivot and slide method is fairly easy.  I used this method a lot in the 80s and 90s. 

I think the camber set will be very nice for the warm days coming.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment