Tuesday, April 21, 2020

How Often Do You Clean Your Machines?

Are you good about keeping your machines clean?  Because it doesn't take much time, I generally clean my machines after each project.  I did a post a few years ago about machine maintenance - here.  I still use this process.  However, I am not at home.  I only had the screw driver and the paint brush.  That did not slow down the cleaning.  Here is the result:



Uck!  What you can not see from this picture is that the pile of dust is just as tall as the bobbin case.  I did not think that I had sewn a lot since the last cleaning.  I am fairly certain that I stitched a couple of muslins, 2 tanks, and about 30 masks. 

So a word of warning for all those mask makers, take a couple of minutes and clean your machines.  It is well worth your time to take care of your machines especially if they are electronic.  It is not the best time to be taking your machines to the shop.  I actually do not know if the sewing machine shops are even open.  It has been about 3 years since my machine has been to the shop.  There is a Viking shop about 30 to 45 minutes away.  I have not visited a Viking machine shop since I moved here.  I guess it is time to get out and see what the shop is like.  My machine is old in the world of electronics.  It is 12 years old.  I know at some point I will have to make a decision regarding it.  Hopefully it will not be soon.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment