Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Woven Tank Top Part II

After my post last week about the tank top, I decided to tweak a little bit more.  Here are the additional changes that I made:

1.  Moved the fold line back 5/8".  This is narrow the neckline just a bit more
2.  Moved the dart down 2"starting below the armhole.  I thought the dart was a little too high on my last muslin.
3.  Made the dart larger by an 1".
4.  Lengthened the front due to the larger dart.
5.  Made an additional sway back adjustment.
6.  Increased the side seam to 5/8" (maybe this means I was in the wrong size to start with).

Here are the results:


Although I could probably do a little more tweaking to the pattern, I am happy with my results.  I now have two sleeveless tops that will help me stay a bit cooler.    A year ago you could not have convinced me that I would want a sleeveless top but here I am wanting a dozen of them. 

Have you tried this particular Silhouettes pattern?  Did you have good results?  I would love to hear about it.

Now, I get to make some other decisions like:

1.  Do I want a knit tank?
2.  Do I want a dress?

Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. You're done a good job and have a top that fits you great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I think there is going to be more tweaking with the pattern. I really do like have something sleeveless to wear.

    ReplyDelete