Monday, July 2, 2018

Inspiration...Woven Top

You know how something you see a top and think that is just too easy.  That is how I feel about this gingham top:


This is the Eileen Fisher Organic Linen 3/4-Sleeve Top.  Price tag: $178.00.

This top looks pretty good for a relaxed fit with dropped shoulders. Could it be duplicated?  Maybe.  I found this Butterick pattern:

View E looks pretty close.  The changes that I immediately see are remove the pocket, shorten the sleeve, and lengthen the top. Those are all easy changes once the top is fitted.

There is one issue.   I'm not sure that a fabric such as the organic linen could be used with this particular pattern.  It calls for light-weight fabrics.  I think I would be willing to give it a shot.  I do need to double check the pattern stash for a similar pattern.   I'm trying really hard not to add more patterns to the stash.


What do you think?  Do you know of another pattern that might work better?

Hope your inspired to sew.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment