Monday, July 23, 2018

Inspiration...Tie Front Blouse

I just love interesting details on tops and this particular top fits the bill:




Don't you just love the tie on this top?  It's the Gibson Tie Front Blouse from Nordstrom.  Price tag: $52.00.  The fabric is a poly/lycra blend.  This isn't a particularly expensive top and I'm not sure that you would want more than one. 

I have been unable to locate any patterns that are similar.  I can find them with a twist but not the tie.  Examples of the twist would be the Nottingham Top pattern by Itch to Stitch and Sophia's Dress pattern by Silhouette Patterns.  Debbie at Stitches and Seams made the Nottingham top and added a faux tie which turned out really cute.  Folks, I have no doubt that there are other patterns available.

Sophia's dress pattern has the twist a little closer to the location needed for duplicating.  I wonder if removing the cowl and adding the faux top would be enough to duplicate this look.  Thoughts?  Do you know of any pattern that would work pattern or would be a closer match?  Please share.

Hope your inspired to create something beautiful!

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment