Monday, July 30, 2018

Inspiration...Long Sleeve Shirt

This is definitely a nod toward fall/winter but we need those clothes also.  If you started now, you would be ready for a new season.  Isn't that a novel idea?  This is from Layette 148 New York:


This is more or less a classic shirt with a hidden button placket.  This is the Scottie Feminine Foulard Silk Blouse.  Price tag: $498.00.  You can see it closer at Neiman Marcus.

I've always been a sucker for a foulard print and I'm happy to see them.  However, I've never sewn with silk.  I really need easy to care for fabrics.  Maybe I haven't given the fabric a chance.  Anyone sewn with the silk and machine washed the finished item?

As far as patterns go, there are many shirt patterns.  So use you favorite one that has already been fitted.  I will most likely use the Grainline Studio Archer Button Up Shirt pattern as it is already in my pattern stash waiting to be used.  As for the hidden placket, it is fairly easy to add.  Here are a couple of  tutorials on how to create the placket -  How To Make Hidden Buttonholes and  How to Make a Hidden Button Placket.   The second tutorial is my favorite method but I would think that both have advantages.

Hope you're inspired to sew!

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment