Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Sewing With Knits...The Hoodie

In the post on Sewing With Knits: 5 Wardrobe Essentials, I stated that I was going to make the hoodie from the class. I did find the french terry in the stash.   I finished it!  Here are the front and back views:



Folks this is right off the machines.  I'm rather pleased with this.  It will be perfect as the weather starts to cool (it was 85F today).  If I make another one, I will make a small style change.  I'll remove a bit of the excess around the hips.

The big thing I did with this was I cover stitched the hems.  I was so excited about this.  I have played with the machine but other than using the chainstitch haven't really used it to create anything.  Here's the cover stitch on the hood:


Not bad for the very first attempt.  It remains to be seen whether or not the hems that I did in the round will stay put.  I did attempt to follow the directions for locking the stitching but you never know. 

The next item item in the Sewing With Knits: 5 Wardrobe Essentials is the Scoop Neck T-Shirt.  I need to print the pattern and tape it together.  Please note that if you use this link and purchase anything, I do get a small commission at no additional cost to you.

Here's something to make you smile:


This is my 4 1/2 month old kitten, Rocket.  The only reason I was able to finish the hoodie is because this is how he spent the afternoon.  Otherwise, I would have had too much help. 

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment