Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Pant Muslin #2 - Sally's Pants

I was hoping that muslin #2 would be a wearable muslin.  You can check out muslin #1 here.  I think that muslin #1 had more stretch than I was realized.  Muslin #2 is a bit tighter than I expected:



There are still funky wrinkles.  The pants are a little tight on the upper hip/waist in the front.  The back isn't bad but there are still wrinkles on the legs.  Here's a small change:




Here I have pinned an inseam dart front and back, and let the hip/waist area out totaling an inch.  I see improvement in the back.  So I am stitching the darts front and back.  Here's the result:



The pinned dart looks better than the stitched dart. 

Maybe I'm in the wrong size.  I definitely need more room in the front hip/waist area.  In looking at this I'm seeing more distinct wrinkles on the front.  I'm not sure how to handle them.  There are other darting options that remove length from the outseam.  I just don't know if that is needed or not. 

I think I'm going to re-evaluate the size I was using.  Maybe I need to try a different size or just start over using a more stable fabric. 

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment