Thursday, October 31, 2019

Inspiration...Oversized Coat

I found this lovely coat and just had to share.  It is just about perfect in my eyes:


This is Lafayette 148 New York Lebell One-Button Luxe Cashmere Coat.  Price tag: $1998.00.  Details:  Notch Collar, single button front, oversized silhouette, knee length. 

The price on this coat is way outside my comfort zone.  As much as I love the collar, I could only see myself wearing it with black or gray.  However that is the reason we sew, so we can create things we love in the color we want.  Here's some pattern thoughts:


This is Vogue 9289.  It has the oversized collar but it would need to altered to have a single button front and remove the excess fullness.


This is Simplicity 8798.  This silhouette does a much better job matching the inspiration photo.  Unfortunately, the collar isn't a good match.  Maybe the collar isn't that big of a deal. 

If you know of a better pattern for this silhouette, please let me know.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment