Friday, October 11, 2019

Weekly Timeless Wardrobe, Week 15

Week 15 of the Weekly Timeless Wardrobe have arrived.  You can find Week 15 here.  The introduction chart is always a good place to start if you are just now bumping into this series.

This week item is another turtleneck in a dark neutral.  As stated last week, the weather doesn't generally get cool enough to warrant a bunch of turtlenecks.  I do own a black turtleneck and a couple of dark turtlenecks.  I'm sure that they are from Lands' End.  However after watching the Silhouette Patterns - Silhouettes for Fall 2019 video on youtube, I may add a sleeveless shell.  It will serve the same purpose as the turtleneck as it is a base level.  Peggy Sagers used the Eileen Fisher's Basic 8 as a starting point for talking about the basics. 

So, I'm going to follow Peggy's suggestion and make a sleeveless shell to wear under sweaters, shirts, etc.  The color that I'm going to choose is dark gray.  I will be using this pattern:


Maybe, if I have time and energy, I'll make the cardigan also.  This would be a versatile set to have in the wardrobe.  For now, I don't believe that I have this fabric in the stash.  I will check the stash for anything appropriate before adding any additional fabric.  The stash really doesn't need to grow anymore even if it is just 3 yards of fabric.

Are you following along with this series?  How are you using this to help with your wardrobe?  Any additional helpful information?

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment