Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Non-Slip Sewing Machine Foot Pedal Pad...

Do you have wood floors and have issues with the foot pedal for your machine(s) moving around?  I certainly do!  Sometimes, it feels like my legs aren't long enough to finish the task at hand.  I found this tutorial and thought it would work well in my sewing area.  Off to the Dollar General to get some shelf liner.  I did go cheap and get the $1 roll and it isn't exactly like the liner used in the tutorial but hopefully it will work.  Next, I measured the Juki pedal that I want the Pedal Pad for and added 2-inches to the width and about 6-inches to the length.  Here's the pattern piece:


Next, I calculated the amount of binding that I was going to need which was about 23-inches and cut 2" width bias strips along with a small piece for the padding on one end.  Here is the results:



Definitely not my best stitching but it will be will be under the table and not seen often.  If I like using this little peddle pad for the Juki, then I will create one for my Husqvarna also.

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment