Monday, February 25, 2019

Inspiration...Shirtdress

I really like wearing shirt dresses.  I'm hoping I will find time to make one or two this year.  Here's the latest one that I found:


This is the Eileen Fisher Classic Crinkled Organic Cotton Shirtdress.  Price tag: $188.00.  Actually, this isn't that outrageous for this type of dress but I know I could make one that fits better and for far less money.  Just in case you're interested, this can be found on the Nordstrom website.

Interestingly enough, on the bottom of the page at the Nordstrom website there are links to two helpful hints videos.  One is Dress Fit Fundamentals and the other is The Best Dress for Your Body Type.  I haven't watched either yet but I intend to watch them.  There could be good information there.

Now, on to the pattern.  I think most of the pattern companies offer patterns for shirtdresses.  You just have to pick the one that you  like the best.  Of course, check the pattern stash.  You might already own a shirt or dress pattern that would be perfect.  Here's the one I picked:


This is Simplicity 8546.  This pattern offers several variations which would make it a good option for purchase.  I think View B would very close to the inspiration photo.  It does have a yoke and is most likely not as full as the inspiration photo. 

Hope you're inspired to create something beautiful.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment