Monday, February 11, 2019

Inspiration...Kimono Jacket

This little jacket popped up in one of my Facebook group and I had to share:


This is the Neeru Kumar jacket.  It was available at Santa Fe Dry Goods.  Price tag: $335.00.  I like the idea of this jacket.  It is a kantha style garment which is more or less two layers of fabric sewn together.  Here's the pattern that I think is a good match:


This is the Contemporary Kimono Jacket by Indygo Junction. It's a very close match for the inspiration picture.  You would need to add a patch pocket.  The pattern has in-seam pockets.

As far as a fabric goes, I think a cross-dyed cotton would work perfectly.  Equilter and fabric (dot) com both carry cross-dyed cotton.  I would check a local quilt shop and see if they have any suitable cottons.

Hope you're inspired to create something beautiful.

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment