Saturday, September 13, 2008

Saturday's Sewing

I did make to the Vogue top today and I did get the invisible zipper in. The zipper looks fantastic. I have never put in an invisible zipper that looks this good. Honestly! I have to admit that I groaned when I saw the invisible zipper. I groaned even louder when the instructions said to interface the area where the zipper was to put after the seam was sewn and then to put the zipper in. I have always followed the instructions that you put the zipper in before you sew the seam. You know where you always end up with an area under the zipper that you can't seam and have to close by hand. So, I went looking for information on the net and I found Diva Els Sewing Invisible Zipper Tutorial. Folks, if you have problems putting in an invisible, go as fast as you can to get this tutorial. Even if you don't have problems putting them in, go look. I didn't follow the instructions 100% and I still have a wonderful invisible zipper application.

Ok, as for finishing the top, the sleeves are a little too tight. I am going to attempt to let out the seam allowance a little bit and see if that helps the situation. If it doesn't, I will cut out a larger sleeve an carefully ease it in. Amazingly, the rest of the top looks pretty good on especially that zipper. Yes, I will put a picture up as of the pattern, my version, and of course, the wonderful zipper. So, maybe by Monday, the top will be finished. I can only hope.....

Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out. Congratulations on your first successful sewed invisible zipper.

    ReplyDelete