Thursday, August 29, 2024

Inspiration...Crepe Shirtdress

 This would be a great dress for a professional job:


This is the Belted Crepe Shirtdress by Lafayette 148 New York. Price tag: $798.00.  Details:  finesse crepe with a matching belt, approximately 39 1/2" from shoulder to hem, spread collar with concealed button front, long sleeves with button cuffs, approximately 6-inch center back slit, sheath silhouette, hem hits around knees, side zipper, acetate/polyester, dry-clean. Model is 5'10".

This is probably one of my favorite versions of a shirtdress that I have seen in a while.  It is dressy enough for the office and makes an easy office outfit.  Red is a power color and every one should have a dress in that color.  I really wish that I could see this particular dress up close as I have no idea how that concealed placket is finished.  Actually, I have never seen this done before on a dress or shirt without a full placket.  Maybe I need to visit the local mall to see if there is anything with this feature.

As far as the pattern, I have never seen a pattern like this.  EVER.  Does this mean our pattern companies are failing to produce patterns with great deals?  Yes, I think so.  So, here is my suggestion:

Use a shirt or shirtdress pattern that you have already fitted.  I used the Classic Shirt pattern by Liesl & Co in September of 2023 to make a shirtdress of a similar style.   Here are the posts - Part 1, Part 2, Part 3.  The instructions that I followed were good.

If you want to figure out the detail of the concealed button front, here is a start.  This is the tutorial that I plan to use to make the Classic Shirt have a concealed button front.

As for the fabric, I do not know what Finesse Crepe is.  So, I would suggest using a crepe that is the highest quality/price that you are comfortable with.  Hope you are inspired to create something beautiful.

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment