Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Round Two...Dana Point Top Muslin 2

 After looking over the photos from the first muslin of the Dana Point Top, I decided to try another muslin.  Here are the changes that I made to the pattern:

1.  Return the 3/4-inch to area above the bust both front/back

2.  Removed the 1/4-inch that had been added at the waist front/back.

3.  This is the biggy - added 1 1/2-inches to the length in the front by slicing through the bust point. This makes the dart bigger.

4.  Added 1/2-inch to the side seam below the dart. The alternative could be reducing the size of the pleats on the front.

Next, I checked the stash for a lightweight fabric that would have enough drape and I was willing to use as a muslin.  I have lots of fabric and not all of it is located at my house but I did not find anything  that I was willing to use in such a manner.  Walmart did have a fabric that should work just fine.  

The Walmart fabric was just as icky as the first muslin but it pressed better. Here are the pictures of the second muslin:





Well, this muslin looks a little bit better but I can see that the pulling up in the front and still swinging forward a little bit.  I need more length added to the front.  

This is a really good example of the differences that bras make when taking measurements.  When I have a better fitting bra on, the darts are in the correct spot.  Just saying, wear the same bra for any fittings and wearing. 

I have officially given up on this pattern.  It was a fun experiment to step a little outside my comfort zone with a different sleeveless top pattern than my Phoebe Tank.  

Review of the pattern:

The pattern is well drafted.  The instructions are good.  Since I never made a completed top, it is hard for me to say much about the lining portion of the pattern.  I do think that the lining would not show on this pattern unless you did not follow the instructions.  

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment